Select Specialty Hospital
Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
PRN/Per Diem/As Needed
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors – celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Do you love the challenge of working in a dynamic environment? Are you passionate about delivering an excellent experience to your team? If you answered ‘yes’, consider an opportunity with us!
You will deliver superior quality in all that you do and you will treat others as they wish to be treated. You are results-oriented team player who is resourceful in overcoming obstacles. You are an inventive problem solver.
You will use independent judgment to provide clerical services to the patient care units, including correct transcription of orders, filing of all reports and arranging for transportation and follow-up/outside tests.
- Answering the telephone, taking and delivering messages by phone or verbally.
- Maintaining close communication with the Charge Nurse/House Supervisor.
- Handling all necessary paperwork in a timely manner.
- Ordering supplies, as needed, from Materials Management.
- Verifying physician privileges prior to transcribing orders.
- Appropriately transcribing and flagging orders from charts.
- Arranging for transport of patients for tests that are not offered in the hospital.
You are attentive to detail and organized, focused on being a customer-service oriented team member. You should have a strong knowledge of medical terminology, as you will be required to read and update patient charts.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience with medical files and terminology.
We’d love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.