If you are located within Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma OR Wisconsin, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* (work from home) as you take on some tough challenges.
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Collections Representative is responsible for insurance premium collections. Positions in this function contact customers to determine reason for payment delinquency, negotiate and advise on collection of overdue bills and take appropriate action to recover overdue payments. Handling of unresolved inquiries/issues, and responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining and managing organization policies on collection practices. May work with outside legal counsel and/or outside agencies in more complex collection cases.
This position is full-time, Monday – Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 8:00am 4:30pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends.
We offer 6 weeks of paid training. The hours during training will be 8:00am to 4:30pm, Monday – Friday. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group s Telecommuter Policy.
- Receive and review all correspondence daily from the home office
- Follow up on assigned insurance accounts.
- Assist all hospital employees with any needs that arise.
- Make outgoing insurance calls on Ingram accounts.
- Act as an on-site liaison between Ingram and Associates and the hospital; Notify Management of any issues or concerns that may arise.
- Our ideal candidate is an adept communicator; deadline oriented, and self-motivated, with excellent follow-up and customer service skills.
You ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 6+ months exposure to the acquiring and/or managing of data to support a project
- 1+ years of customer service experience
- Basic Proficiency with Windows PC applications and Microsoft Office
- Ability to work our normal business hours of 8:00am 4:30pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher)
- Background in a medical/healthcare setting
- Direct healthcare data collection experience
- Reside within Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma OR Wisconsin
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy.
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service.
- Ability to Multitask
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.