You ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data, and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits, and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
You’re looking for the next great thing for your career. How about creating the future of health care? Optum Frontier Therapies is a new pharmacy services business pioneering a better approach to care for patients with rare diseases; we are on a mission to support people with compassion while creating access to therapies at the frontier of health care. With us, you’ll find a fast – paced, passionate and professional culture where you can use your talent and our resources to make a huge impact ensuring that all people, no matter how unique, have the ability to access a better tomorrow. Take this opportunity to start doing your life’s best work.SM
What makes your career greater with Optum Frontier Therapies? You’ll work with expert and enthusiastic peers, be part of a culture focused on both clinical outcomes and business results and contribute to a growing team that prides itself on learning, evolving and challenging the status quo.
The Care Ambassador in Optum Frontier Therapies will be on the team of an exciting new business serving patients with rare diseases, pharma manufacturers, and providers by dispensing and servicing therapies at the frontier of healthcare. As a new Optum business, we are building on our strengths but also challenging the status quo. We are creating a business that is designed to specifically serve the unique needs of rare disease patient populations and support the emerging therapies, which require enhanced services and new capabilities over traditional specialty pharmacies. Our mission, supporting people with compassion while creating access to therapies at the frontier of health care, and vision, that all people, no matter how unique, can access a better tomorrow are what drive and motivate us, as part of the larger UnitedHealth Group mission to make the health system work better for everyone.
The Care Ambassador will be responsible for acting as the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for a portfolio of healthcare providers, customers, and patients. The role is designed to provide solutions regarding product and program – related issues. Additionally, drive patient adherence to therapies and is responsible for onboarding and welcoming the patient to Optum Frontier Therapies. The Care Ambassador develops and builds on long – term effective relationships with healthcare providers, affiliated staff, and support personnel. This role educates the patient, caregivers, and all those involved in a patient s care plan on program services and solutions. Build trust in the program and long – term relationships.
This position is full – time. Employees are required to work any 8-hour shift between the hours of 8:00 AM – 9:00 PM EST (Eastern Standard Time).
We offer 10 weeks of training (100% attendance is required). Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group s Telecommuter Policy.
- Serves as the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for patient, caregivers, pharma, and providers
- React with a professional and empathetic demeanor when addressing physician office and patient complaints and concerns
- Identifies the most appropriate, efficient and effective means to streamline communication for healthcare providers with multiple patients in the program
- Thinks critically and strategically to identify and resolve roadblocks for customers in a proactive fashion
- Ensures Service Level Agreements are met by managing workflow and taking ownership of quality customer care
- Supports achievement of program satisfaction
- Develops and maintains productive and effective relationships with physicians, nurses, office managers, and other applicable customers
- Builds trust in and engagement with program services by proactively interacting and promptly following – up on inquiries
- Develops and implements tailored customer support plans, focusing on customer service solutions that improve patient outcomes
- Maintains Customer Improvement focus and provides customers with unique, critical perspective on partnering with the program by laying out a vision for collaboration that positively grows relationship
- Manages inbound and outbound e – mail, phone calls, and faxes for customer service support and follow up
- Demonstrates an understanding of program operations process, the assigned product, and the patient journey
- Understands and supports internal processing functions and personnel
- Demonstrates an understanding of the disease state(s), competitors, and health care industry trends
- Collaborates and works closely with management, colleagues, and other departments in the organization
- Demonstrates competency in using information technology, PCs and a variety of databases
- Analyzes and manages any problems that may arise using problem solving skills to produce an appropriate resolution for physician offices and patients
- Contributes to the achievement of the goals, objectives, and outcomes of the program by demonstrating knowledge of product, disease state, and program information as it applies to the specific program
- Completes all appropriate training including, but not limited to New Hire Orientation, In-Services, internal training, client provided training and competency assessments
- Maintains patient confidentiality and accurate documentation of calls to and from all parties
- Adheres to all Company policies and standard operating procedures
- Completes special duties or projects as assigned by the Program Manager / Supervisor
You ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Experience with using Microsoft Word (creating documents), Microsoft Excel (creating and editing formulas), and Microsoft PowerPoint (creating of slides)
- Understanding of general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures
- Ability to comprehend and apply principles of basic math while analyzing data and generating reports
- Ability to work any 8-hour shift between the hours of 8:00 AM – 9:00 PM EST (Eastern Standard Time)
- Bachelor s Degree (or higher) with 1+ years of experience
- 5+ years of experience in case / account management, relationship management, customer support, OR professional customer service
- Valid license, registration, and / OR certification, in good standing, to practice as a Pharmacy Technician as required by the Board of Pharmacy in the state employed
- Specialty Pharmacy experience
- Pharmacy Accreditation experience
- Previous work history working in a matrixed environment, call center, operations environment
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged, and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Optum Frontier Therapies has the vision that all people, no matter how unique, can access a better tomorrow.
Focused on reimagining specialty pharmacy for patients with rare disease and advanced therapeutics, we work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other.
Now we’re looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant and built for speed.
Come to Optum Frontier Therapies, part of UnitedHealth Group, and share your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Washington, or Rhode Island Residents Only: The salary range for California / Colorado / Connecticut / Nevada / New Jersey / New York / Washington / Rhode Island residents is $18.80 – $36.78. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.